20140903

Before we start, I'd like to apologize for all the blog
posts today. I am extremely bored at home, and I
have nothing else to spend my time on.

     A quick Google search has just informed me that there are about 107 billion people who have ever lived. And I wonder--what are the chances that one person out of all the billions could understand me? Is there any person, alive or dead, who has thought the exact same things as me or felt the things that I have? If there were someone like that who has existed, I would guess that his name would be Jack Jennings--an American (typical, I know) born in the year 1900. He would look nothing like me physically--cropped dark hair, 6"1, a bit on the skinnier side, maybe a scar from a bicycle accident on his forehead (very Harry Potter-esque, I know.) He must have a killer smile, at the very least, though. He'd grow up an only child in a lower middle class family. And he'll also have thoughts like these and wonder if there will be anyone in the world who could understand him. An adult during the Roaring Twenties, he'll probably work at a big-shot newspaper company as a journalist or a reporter. To be honest, I don't know much about time periods, but I think it adds a nice touch--I can imagine Jack in his trench coat, walking into some bar with a Jazz band playing in the background (all of this, of course, in black and white). And he'll say to the barmaid, "Hey, would you get me a scotch on the rocks?" (Do people even say that? What does "on the rocks" even mean?) And he'll flash his signature smile, and it will look like something from a Turner Classic Movies program. Then he'll exit the place when he's done without a word and grab a taxi, riding off into a big city with some sort of purpose..